Thursday, September 27, 2007

Synchronicity! (Meaningful Chance)

Have you ever had one of those days when you felt like there was true meaning in a chance meeting with someone? Or, you just felt like...I was "supposed" to meet this person? Well, that happened to me today...


I had gone to the printers to get some of our new collage sheets printed, and this lovely older lady standing at the counter beside me was having some very old pictures reproduced as part of a family album. I was, of course, immediately drawn to the very old images and the character in the face of the primary subject - the woman's grandfather (born in the 1800s). We began to chat as she allowed me to look through these wonderful old pictures.... She told me that her grandfather had fought in the Battle of San Jacinto in early Texas. One of the pictures even showed him with his sword and gun - reminded me of pictures of the men from the Alamo. Another picture was of a group of men and women (her grandfather included) - she pointed out that one of the men was William Jennings Bryant and another was the son of Sam Houston! I was hooked, fascinated, and enthralled!!

As we continued to talk, I mentioned that the photos could be enhanced to take away some of their grainy look (she was working from a copy of the original, but still...). She said that it would be too expensive to fix with as many photos as she had, although she would love to! So, I suggested that she might get in touch with the local University graphics dept. and see if there might be a student who would be interested in taking this project on - for a lesser cost. Then, as the conversation continued and she found out more about me and what I did, she suggested that perhaps we could trade something I wanted for something she wanted; e.g., she wanted the photos enhanced and I wanted to scan some of her fabulous photos! So, we struck a barter trade right there in the print shop!! She also told me she had some great 1920's magazines with women's fashions and one on bridal fashions, and some other things she had collected over the years that I might be interested in as well...talk about synchronicity (meaningful chance)that we should both be there at the same time and had a "connection" right away. She was such a lovely lady - and a quilter too!

Later she told me that she had been having a very bad day and I had helped make it a good day for her! Now, that's a SPECIAL thing, don't you think??? When I have finished working on some of her photos, I'll post them for you to see. Hopefully, I can make them look a little better for her.

Besides working on filling orders this week, I've been making MORE collage sheets! Sometimes I just get on a roll with ideas and make a whole bunch at one time. But, I've got to get busy on the sample for the October Newsletter, so I'll probably slow down on collage sheets for a few days....BUT here are a few of the soon to be uploaded on the website NEW COLLAGE SHEETS!

Dawn has had soooo many comments on her Fish Lady from our September Newsletter, that we decided to give you a Fish Collage sheet so you can play too!

PLEASE let us know if there is a theme you would like to see in collage sheets and we will do our best to accommodate you! One customer has requested Fairytales, so they will be coming soon!


















I feel that the following quote is applicable to the experiences of this day for me...and perhaps to your's as well.


"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”


Have a great day!

3 comments:

Trixie said...

Another great post...and how wonderful to meet someone with whom you could trade meaningful things! Then new sheets are quite deluxe as well!

Penny L Weaver said...

What a wonderful 'little friday' blessing! The new sheets are FAB, and I look forward to the treasures of your serendipitous encounter at the print shop :-)

Unknown said...

What a special story! I totally believe in the law of attraction - I, too, have lots of these kinds of so-called coincidences! My Mom and Mom in law live a long way from us. I pray a stranger like you would take some interest in them in just this way. It would mean a lot to them and to me too! You have a beautiful soul! Janie
www.sacredartimages.com