Monday, September 17, 2007

De's FIRST Attempt at Blogging!!!


Hi to everyone!! Dawn threw down the challenge to me last night to TRY to do some "blogging," so here I am!! I told her the other day that I was older than she is now the first time I ever used a computer!!! So, I feel like I've really come a very long way (applause, applause)... I've even done a couple of digital art pieces!! Here's one of my very first attempts. This is really a lot of fun - it's just that the learning curve is HUGE for me. Most of you grew up with a computer at home, at school, everywhere! I grew up when we were still fascinated by the test pattern at the end of the day on the TV screen (yes, my young friends, TV did go off the air at night in those days)!!! I'm really telling my age, aren't I????? That's okay...I still feel YOUNG! Big giggle!

My primary love though is fabric art and I love to crazy quilt and embroidery and embellish like crazy, but I don't make quilts!! I make purses, wall art hangings...just about anything I can find to create something "crazy" with fabric! My stash of fabric is taking over my studio!!! aaaaargh!!! But, I also love to play with just about any medium, especially Golden acrylic paints and lots and lots of layering effects. I'll upload my latest one in a couple of days...I still need to add the quote to it.

The most exciting news for us lately was the release of Lane Thaw's new CD called Tokyo Belle with Dawn's art on the front cover, the inside, and back cover! WOW!! It is a unique blend of country swing with a touch of cajun spice. We just love the music! This is Lane's first release with 5 time Grammy Winner, Bruce Swedie. Check out his website at http://www.lanethaw.com/index.html - Dawn even has her own page there!! Here's a pic of the cover.




I think in this FIRST, of hopefully many, blogs, we would like to take this opportunity to say a HUGE THANK YOU from both of us to all our MARVELOUSLY talented and loyal customers at Divas D'Este!! You have all been so supportive and friendly and kind - YOU are, of course, what has made us a successful website and what inspires us to continue to try to create new and fun things for you! We also absolutely love going "treasure hunting" for unique ephemera for each of you!!! It gives us such a great excuse to go shopping!!! Seriously, we truly appreciate each and every one of you...from all over the U.S. to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Germany, the UK, etc., etc. It is always amazing to me how our little company has reached across the world to help fellow artists find just the perfect image or piece of ephemera for their latest piece of art! What a great feeling this gives us! Thanks to EACH of you!
As Bugs Bunny says, "That's All Folks"!! Let me know how I did on this ole' lady's FIRST blog!
Mom De












2 comments:

rjwhiggins said...

LOVE the blog, De!! Fantastic job! I also remember when the tv shows stopped around midnight!! Being a night owl then, (and now!) I HATED that test pattern and tones! LOL!

RJ :o)

Trixie said...

Yeah! welcome to blog land. Although I do not write my own, I sure read many art-inspired blogs. Thanks to my Diva's newsletter and a little shopping spree on your site, I can now come and visit you more often. Thanks for the preview of things to come. Here is to the artful life!