Sunday, September 23, 2007

Where's FALL?

Ok, I'm already feeling guilty already about this blogging thing! I think you're supposed to post a lot...and here it is days and days later and I'm just trying to do this again! As I said, I'll get the hang of this pretty soon (I hope)!!


I put my FALL wreath on the door of our house today, but it seemed really strange because it is still very much Summer in Okieland!! It's 90 degrees and extremely sunny and HOT - just not conducive to feeling very Autumn like! My birthday is coming up very soon (a much dreaded one I might add), and I always wish for a lovely "blue norther" (Okie speak for a big cold front that drops temps about 20 degrees in 30 minutes!) to blow in for my b'day!!! Can you guess that I'm a Winter person - hate the Summer heat! Dawn, on the other hand LOVES the sun and Summer. At least one of us is happy for about half of the year!!


Just in case anybody's curious as to what we look like - well, here we are - The Divas D'Este!! Everyone says we look a LOT alike!! Oh, BTW, Dawn's the one on the left (the beautiful one)!!!
















Now here's my excuse for the delay in blogging. It goes something like this....I started off pretty good (one blog attempt), but then I got really distracted with the ton of orders generated by our September Divas D'Este Newsletter!! WOW! Since I'm the head Diva in charge of processing and mailing all of our orders (Dawn's the head Diva in charge of the newsletter), I got a little overwhelmed (couldn't be my age, now could it???!!). Anyway, with all the orders last week, I was lucky to get to bed before midnight for several nights - which is waaaaaaaaay past my bedtime! HOWEVER, I really love doing the processing and mailing, cause it gives me an excuse to chat with a lot of our customers online...it's so neat to get to know the lovely ladies who visit our website. We often end up just chatting about our lives and art...not just about when their order was mailed!! Many have even said that it feels like we have "known" each other for a long time. Isn't that just the coolest (do people still use that word - coolest) thing??

This week we've been working on even MORE stuff to have our lovely and talented webmistress (Pat) upload! She said she will get all the new stuff up sometime this week, but thought I would give you Bloggers a SNEAK PREVIEW of a few things we've been playing with!
With the holidays approaching, Dawn decided to create a beautiful Jingle Girl Christmas Card/Holiday Party Invitation (whatever you want them to be, I guess) using one of her original art pieces.



The Jingle Girl cards are printed on photo quality paper and measure 8.25x5.45 (after folding). They are blank inside. These cards are absolutely gorgeous!! They would make great Christmas cards, invitations to a Special Holiday Party, or thank you cards for those special Christmas gifts - anything holidayish you can think of!!






We've also gotten in two NEW color palettes of Hand-dyed Rayon Ribbon for embellishing your fabric and paper ARTwork! Ribbon #1 is a deeply rich color palette of varigated purples, teals, and rusty reds. Ribbon #2 is a softer color palette including varigated shades (from light to darker shades) of mossy greens, shrimp, teals, and touches of coffee with cream. The hand on the ribbon is soft and flowy making for beautiful embellishments for one-of-a-kind artwork pieces! We're going to be selling these gorgeous ribbons by the yard.



And, last, but certainly not least, are a couple of NEW collage sheets. The Kalaidoscope Flowers are pics that my brother (retired Prof of Horticulture/Floriculture) took and turned into Kalaidoscope images (he's a super great photographer!). I just think they are fantastic images to use as backgrounds, embellishments, focal points, etc. I would really like do something on fabric with them! The Lovely Ladies of the Folies Bergere are sooooo bright and blingy - I know they will fly off our shelves! We also have some new Bird Trading Cards that I will make a collage sheet out of later this week.
























Well, I think I've about blogged my way to the end of this little chat with you. Hope all of you have a very CREATIVE week.


If anybody has ideas/suggestions for things they would like to see, PLEASE let us know - we're always looking for new ideas!


Dawn and De

1 comment:

Penny L Weaver said...

beautiful work *above and below this post* ...and, silly Ma, you are BOTH beautiful :-)