Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me!!! giggle


It's been quite a busy few days since I last posted - I just don't know where the days go! But, one of those days was spent celebrating my big BAD b'day! You know the one where you are DEFINITELY a Senior Citizen!! About the only thing I can think of that is positive about this b'day is that I am now eligible for cheaper airline tickets! Can you tell I am not doing this aging thing well???? But, as my kids tell me - it's not your age, it's your ATTITUDE, mom! And, at least most of the time, I don't feel my age! Enough of this dreary chatter...on to more fun stuff!


My kids (totally grown, but always kids to me!), my hubby, and Dawn's hubby all took me to dinner (Mexican food, my fav!) and gave me cards that made me cry (sentimental/happy tears) and a FANTASTIC DIGITAL CAMERA!!! (To those of you who gently suggested that this would be a 'good thing' for me to have, you will be pleased to learn this!!!). It is loaded with lots of extra stuff, but definitely easy enough for me to operate (I think)! My son was explaining it to me, but finally just said, "Mom, put it on auto pilot and take the picture!" So, I'm going to give it a whirl tomorrow! I have a couple of my purses ready to take pictures of as well as a new piece of ephemera to go up on the website (but it definitely won't fit in my scanner!). THANK YOU TO EACH OF YOU FOR A GREAT B'DAY!

I found this great group of very old piano rolls last weekend, which would be great to alter!! I'll put the pics up as soon as I get the pics taken and uploaded!

Dawn and I actually got together for a while a couple of days ago and between the two of us finished and mailed out our Divas D'Este October Newsletter! Now, you all know how I did the sample I put up a while back!! The BIG SECRET is out, eh what? But, I hope that all of our newsletter subscribers try it out and have a wonderful time creating FANTASTIC art with these techniques!
I also thought it would by fun to add a picture now and then of some of our customer's art! Trixie Both sent us a really cute piece that she did recently using one of the images from our Itsy Bitsy Fairy Children - such a great Holiday piece! And, here it is! THANK YOU, Trixie!!! Great job!









Dawn and I also worked on some new images for t-shirts and/or cards, which we will be adding to our line of goodies in the near future. Until then, check our t-shirts, sweatshirts, cards, hats, etc., etc. out on Cafe Press http://www.cafepress.com/divasdeste.

Here are a couple of our new Christmas Holiday designs - aren't they just the cutest ever!?

















Guess that's all for tonight! More soon....thanks for stopping by!
De

3 comments:

Trixie said...

Happy, happy birthday! What a wonderful day you had, and congrats on your new camera! Thanks for posting my ATC-such a sweet gesture. I will check out all your new stuff-playing with the piano rolls sounds like a gas!

Penny L Weaver said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Momma De :-)

Sounds like you guys had a lovely time -- I know you love to have them all in one place! Hope that your b-day was a wonderful as YOU are!

...age is only a number, I love these words from Maya Angelou:

Treat every birthday
as a shining, brand-new birthday
still wrapped in glossy paper.

Gypsies, Rebels and Divas said...

Ah yes, the lovely wise woman Maya! She's great! I always send her cards to special people in my life!

I've tried to take a pic of the artpiece I did using the piano roll paper, but too much glare from the glass...will get my son to help me on this! It's so much fun to play with this paper.

hugs, de